Monday 19 November 2012

Jail-break

Headed towards the Heavenly Green Door...flung shoes off a tired pair of feet without opening the laces, threw the lab-coat into the top shelf in the messy cupboard, and collapsed on the hard mattress.

That's what everybody was like when they got back after their last exam...it seemed like breathing again after being bailed out of jail after eighty years of sentence.

Stomach growled.
Ow. Now I have to get up off my lazy ass to get my self some food...Food, come to me. Whoa, that thing is walking. Nice.
I looked at the refrigerator, and to my surprise it opened with a slight creak. I moved my eyes to Rak's costly mango juice, which happened to hop out and poured itself in a grand glass. My meal was ready. I opened my mouth so each of my favorite dishes would jump in, and I munched and munched until....I finally choked.

"Wake up, idiot!"
My weary eyes shot open. "Oh, holy...thanks for ruining a nice day." I mumbled under my breath.
"Get dressed! We're going to hang out somewhere in Loserville." I saw a blurry image of Rak hanging upside down from the ceiling.
"Loserville?" I raised a brow.
"We don't have money, so we can all we can afford is Loserville." We both giggled. I suddenly made a sulky face.
"What..."
"I didn't bring any clothes even good enough for Loserville." I told her.
She said she'd lend me her's.

It was a nice shade of brown matched with pink. Five girls with wavy, dark hair decided to visit a classy mall even if their pockets were empty.

There was much to look at. So much to see and absorb. We were lost in the city lights, out of our prison after eighty years. As the sun set, the lights became dreamier. Neon signs danced and mesmerized us. We spent hours commenting on Maria B.'s new collection, comparing designer work with small scale industrial output, quality and quantity, and most of all, how much we were always going to cherish our time together.
We had tons of frozen yogurt for our complaining tummies.
After, we visited more shops, turning shoes, hats and coats down secretly because of the prices but beaming at the shop keepers with a slight thank you, pretending we didn't really have time to actually stand there and choose.
One attendee actually thought we were interested in buying their shirts, and she even put a dress off "waiting" just so we would buy it. Just like our attitude in other stores, we beamed, saying thank you with a slight bow and turning the offer down because of "time", saying "PHEWWW" right as we got out.

Subway was our last spot. We munched and munched and munched on our sandwiches until we knew we would grow out of the dresses we wore.

We returned empty handed of course, with nothing that has mass or takes space, but in our minds we had taken two thousand retarded pictures and saved them in our memories.
Fun didn't quite end. We talked and watched movies till after midnight. Still, we went to bed thinking this wasn't enough...

Because after all, we were all born to party, but forced to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment